Rosecomb Bantam?

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
This little hen is now about 8 years old. It's taken me that long to become curious about her breed. She came from TSC's bantam bin.

I think she's a Rosecomb Bantam, but I'm not sure. She's definitely not show quality, but I think she fits the description?

Reading up on their history, I was quite surprised how old this breed is! And they seem to be quite hard to find anymore. But anyway, little Ebony Jane is the sweetest, most curious bird in my flock. She's quite the flyer and makes no bones about jumping on your shoulder, arm or head!

This is her inspecting a garden bed...

2023-04-21 16.43.45.jpg

Attachments

• 2023-04-21 16.43.42.jpg
    2023-04-21 16.43.42.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
This little hen is now about 8 years old. It's taken me that long to become curious about her breed. She came from TSC's bantam bin.

I think she's a Rosecomb Bantam, but I'm not sure. She's definitely not show quality, but I think she fits the description?

Reading up on their history, I was quite surprised how old this breed is! And they seem to be quite hard to find anymore. But anyway, little Ebony Jane is the sweetest, most curious bird in my flock. She's quite the flyer and makes no bones about jumping on your shoulder, arm or head!

This is her inspecting a garden bed...

View attachment 3485774
Looks like a Rose Comb Bantam.

Back
Top Bottom