Rugg"egg"Ranch 30 egg incubator?

Jul 30, 2022
Tractor Supply has a 30 egg incubator with only one review: Rugg"egg"Ranch for $100. It looks a bit like the Nurture Right 360 without the candling light. Anyone know about it?

They are not in stock around here, so placed a "pick up in store" order this morning. I'm new at this, but don't want to spend the money for another NR360 if this one will do the same job with more capacity and less cost.

Thanks!
Wanda

I've never heard of it before. It might just be the angles of the pictures, but the lid looks like it wouldn't leave the chicks much room to hatch.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rugged-ranch-ruggegg-ranch-30-egg-incubator-red-reggr30eir
1677171691673.png

Will do a side-by-side photo with NR360 when it arrives. Will use the same GoVee hygrometer in it when I test it out to see how it compares with temp, also.

Now I can't bring myself to keep the house as warm as the Nurture Right instructions say, so do you think that may be why I'm showing some fluctuations in meter readings? Or perhaps when it turns there are some cold and hot spots?
Thanks!
Wanda

Best Life Ever - Retired in the Appalachians!

Will do a side-by-side photo with NR360 when it arrives. Will use the same GoVee hygrometer in it when I test it out to see how it compares with temp, also.

Now I can't bring myself to keep the house as warm as the Nurture Right instructions say, so do you think that may be why I'm showing some fluctuations in meter readings? Or perhaps when it turns there are some cold and hot spots?
Thanks!
Wanda

Best Life Ever - Retired in the Appalachians!
I can't wait to see it! If it works well I might buy one too.
My house isn't as warm as the NR says either, and my separate thermometer reads 99.3 in my incubator.

All those with the clear lid, usually come with a Styrofoam surround with cutouts, which is suppose to be used to hold in the heat...
Throw in a thermometer/hydrometer, since their temperature settings aren't usually very accurate on those... In fact, I just go by the supplemental thermometer... They're pretty accurate, since that is what they are designed to do.
It's also good to put it in a small room, like a bathroom.
If you're looking for cheap, and don't need to incubate as many eggs at once, I personally would go with this one... I've used it before... It can be programed for digits after the decimal, like 99.5F... whereas, yours, if it's like the ones I've seen before, you can only do 99F, 100F, etc... It's holds 16 eggs, and it has a lot of headroom, and I prefer the rollers, at least on this model... they move slow and smooth, and do not jerk the eggs around as their spinning, like I've experienced on the one like your considering...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852X8XGJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Last edited:
All those with the clear lid, usually come with a Styrofoam surround with cutouts, which is suppose to be used to hold in the heat...
Throw in a thermometer/hydrometer, since their temperature settings aren't usually very accurate on those... In fact, I just go by the supplemental thermometer... They're pretty accurate, since that is what they are designed to do.
It's also good to put it in a small room, like a bathroom.
If you're looking for cheap, and don't need to incubate as many eggs at once, I personally would go with this one... I've used it before... It can be programed for digits after the decimal, like 99.5F... whereas, yours, if it's like the ones I've seen before, you can only do 99F, 100F, etc... It's holds 16 eggs, and it has a lot of headroom, and I prefer the rollers, at least on this model... they move slow and smooth, and do not jerk the eggs around as their spinning, like I've experienced on the one like your considering...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852X8XGJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
You're absolutely right, Cluck Cluck. Definitely glad I put my GoVee bluetooth hyrometer in the Rugg. It is way off on both temp and humidity. Also, I did move bators (except the NR360 which is in lockdown with it's crocheted "sweater" on) into my bathroom where I am happy to keep it warmer than the rest of the house.
Thanks for the recommendation for the 16 egg unit.
Regarding the Rugg, I will be returning it to Tractor Supply because it just isn't anywhere near the NR360. It's turning didn't always work with the eggs closest to GoVee. Also, the headroom is seriously lacking. Would not want to use it for lockdown. So, once again, you get what you pay for!

Wow. Tractor Supply asked for a review, so I did. Here is the email they wrote in reply:

It cannot be published to the website, but...

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Here is the review I wrote:
Will try to return it
The temp and humidity readings are way off. Be sure to use a reliable hygrometer. The turning gets the eggs turned small end up sometimes. The low profile doesn’t seem like it would be good for lockdown. Certainly not for the 26 eggs you can fit with space for GoVee. The good news is that you can add water without taking the lid off. Bottom line: spend the extra $50 for a Nurture Right 360. The quality difference is definitely noticeable.

I have the nr360 it hatched 19 out of 22 eggs. 3 never developed. Also from start to finish including dry off time for the bitties was 24 hours. I looked at the rugg today and considered buying it. After reading the reviews here I’ll stick to the nr360. Also I’m currently waiting on 42 quail eggs to hatch in the nr360 if they do as good as the chickens then I’ll be buying a second one.

Back
Top Bottom