Run-Chicken Coop Door Issues

Bock-Bock-Bagock

Chirping
Oct 6, 2023
Central Tennessee
So I got the Run-Chicken T-50 door. I wanted to set up the app so I can set specific times to open and close. I pop open the battery/gear box to get the Batch number. It says it should be XXXX-XXXX. 8 Numbers total. However I have the first 4 numbers and the second set is a number, letter, and a period. The app won't accept this.
So I try the flashing light setup. And guess what...That doesn't work either. My phone screen is max bright and battery saver is not on.
Any advice. I can try to set it up on my computer screen, but my available devices is limited to 2 and if I can't get it to sync with the app on my phone I have to keep removing the battery part and brining it in when I want to change the times.
Anyone have one and had these issues? How did you resolve it?

So I got the Run-Chicken T-50 door. I wanted to set up the app so I can set specific times to open and close. I pop open the battery/gear box to get the Batch number. It says it should be XXXX-XXXX. 8 Numbers total. However I have the first 4 numbers and the second set is a number, letter, and a period. The app won't accept this.
So I try the flashing light setup. And guess what...That doesn't work either. My phone screen is max bright and battery saver is not on.
Any advice. I can try to set it up on my computer screen, but my available devices is limited to 2 and if I can't get it to sync with the app on my phone I have to keep removing the battery part and brining it in when I want to change the times.
Take a picture of any numbers on the box and post them here.

I just recently set my T50 up. I did not feel like tracking down the box and/or pulling the motor off to get the batch number. I believe the app suggested to use all 0's if you didnt have the batch and that's exactly what I did. Worked for mine, and I was able to program the door no problem.

I just recently set my T50 up. I did not feel like tracking down the box and/or pulling the motor off to get the batch number. I believe the app suggested to use all 0's if you didnt have the batch and that's exactly what I did. Worked for mine, and I was able to program the door no problem.
I did end up using all 0's as the instructions suggested, but when I got to the light sensor part with the phone it kept failing.

Are you sure you have it in program mode? Held the button until the light flashed blue, let go, then pressed it again and heard a beep/chime?
Yes. I tried multiple times. The only thing I haven't tried is using a computer screen for the flashy light part. It says the refresh rate on some phones may not work.
However, at this point the setting to go down +20 minutes later than normal is working and if the ladies are all inside I'm fine with that. I just worry in the summer they tended to stay out a little after dark. Don't want them locked out. Mainly the door isn't about predators as much as keeping the wind blowing inside during the winter. So I'm not terribly concerned if they are all making it inside before closing time.

I had some trouble figuring out how to program mine a few months ago. I sent the company an email and they responded super quick with a very detailed explanation helping me figure it out. Id email them or call!

Ive loved having my door and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

I’ve been using a RunChicken for a few years and didn’t use that programmable feature until this year - the manual programming worked fine for me and it always opened at the same time. I delay the opening time to not be dawn, as we had predators waiting for the door to open before I secured the open top of the 2nd run; we always have it close at sundown, as our chickens are always inside well before then

Back
Top Bottom