Runaway

teresaweeks

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2017
Gave two of my pet turkeys to a neighbor a mile away a week ago. Today I spotted one of them directly across the street from my farm.I have chickens and a male Turkey that she grew up with. The neighbor said they got away days ago and he couldn't catch them. I am wondering if she is trying to find her way home. I sure hope so because I can keep her safe and am regretting giving them away. Any thoughts?

Gave two of my pet turkeys to a neighbor a mile away a week ago. Today I spotted one of them directly across the street from my farm.I have chickens and a male Turkey that she grew up with. The neighbor said they got away days ago and he couldn't catch them. I am wondering if she is trying to find her way home. I sure hope so because I can keep her safe and am regretting giving them away. Any thoughts?
It is entirely possible they will be returning home. Just keep an eye out for them and if necessary open a gate for them to come home.

If they are close enough to be visible, your tom will be talking to them.

It is entirely possible they will be returning home. Just keep an eye out for them and if necessary open a gate for them to come home.

If they are close enough to be visible, your tom will be talking to them.

Thank you. She is home. Woke up this morning and she was in the yard. Marty, our boy, is strutting again. Hoping her sister makes it home but unfortunately I don't think she will. These girls were always together.

Thank you. She is home. Woke up this morning and she was in the yard. Marty, our boy, is strutting again. Hoping her sister makes it home but unfortunately I don't think she will. These girls were always together.
You might try driving around the neighborhood and even asking your neighbors if they have seen her.

Back
Top Bottom