Rural365 Heating Plate?

OzarkCountryGirl

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Ozark Highlands
Has anyone had any personal experience with the Rural365 Chick Brooder Heating Plate?

I've decided to go with heat plates instead of lamps as two years ago we narrowly avoided what could have been a serious house fire when a heat lamp came undone, fell, and was found smoldering. This will be the first time I've hatched out chicks since the incident - needless to say, I am quite lamp shy.

Oh, and can you use the "Comfort Feathers" with them?

Last edited:
Heat plates can be great.
But Beware..... that the number of birds they say they can keep warm is not accurate.

I use a DIY 'plate' and the 12x24 was barely big enough to keep 16 chicks until they no longer needed heat.

The feather thing is folly, more for the keeper than the chicks, and not needed.

Heat plates can be great.
But Beware..... that the number of birds they say they can keep warm is not accurate.

I use a DIY 'plate' and the 12x24 was barely big enough to keep 16 chicks until they no longer needed heat.

The feather thing is folly, more for the keeper than the chicks, and not needed.

From what I've seen of them at the farm supply store, it's more like half the number of chicks that they claim - 2/3's max. Though as I'm doing quail, the chick number indicated should be relatively close. And thanks about the feather thing. I kind of suspected as much, since I never used such things with heat lamps.

Have you had any experience specifically with the Rural365 heat plate?

Attachments

• 66D2BC66-17CA-44C0-A27B-91FEE496EF21.jpeg
    66D2BC66-17CA-44C0-A27B-91FEE496EF21.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom