Sand inside coop??

mossyoakpro

Songster
Jun 9, 2022
South Georgia
Again...pardon my ignorance but I am about to boot these dirty 4 week olds out into their forever home and was still undecided on the bedding for inside the coop. I already have 4 inches of sand installed in their 10x20 run and will be putting in the bedding for the coop this week so they can get outta my house!! LOL I have a floor in my coop with linoleum down and a 6 inch border around the sides, poop boards are already in place that I'll be putting Sweet PDZ in.

Question is: Sand in the coop or pine shavings since I have the poop boards installed?? Thanks!!

Oh and I plan to do some completed pics of my setup that you all have been so helpful on!! This week I hope!!

We do pine shavings in our 4'x8' raised coop. We had poop boards. I took them out to reposition and never put them back. We replace the shavings every spring and fall. The current shavings are still drying out the poop. The plywood floo is 6 years old and just like new. So, shavings are a low maintenance approach for us. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom