Sebastopol w/splayed legs?? PICS.

NickiePA

Songster
Mar 14, 2017
Somerset, PA
This little one hatched yesterday. It seems fine right out of the egg. I awoke to find it in this position this morning. I’ve never seen “straddle legs” in person before. Is this it? I’ve researched it quite a bit this morning, and it looks the same to me. 🤷🏼‍♀️ he is flailing around so hard, he gets himself into his back and I have to reach in and right him. Anyone out there with experience in this area? Advice? I can attempt to give niacin and vet wrap legs today. But that’s all I know to do. (Not eating yet. Still to early) including a photo here...

Attachments

• CE42588A-0C80-4FF9-BF69-9E4CF320F06A.jpeg
    CE42588A-0C80-4FF9-BF69-9E4CF320F06A.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 12
I’ve never expierienced this personally but definitely add niacin, but maybe try to find a b complex because deficiencies in other b vitamins besides niacin can cause this also, like thiamin for example.
Maybe try to get some poultry nutri-drench, or rooster booster poultry cell, or sav-a-chick in case it’s vitamin E or A deficiency.
You can add a drop strait in the mouth for a concentrated effect or a few drops into their water so they don’t accidentally inhale it.

Sometimes you’ll notice an effect almost immediately, sometimes it may take a few days for the gosling to show improvement.

I’ve never expierienced this personally but definitely add niacin, but maybe try to find a b complex because deficiencies in other b vitamins besides niacin can cause this also, like thiamin for example.
Maybe try to get some poultry nutri-drench, or rooster booster poultry cell, or sav-a-chick in case it’s vitamin E or A deficiency.
You can add a drop strait in the mouth for a concentrated effect or a few drops into their water so they don’t accidentally inhale it.

Sometimes you’ll notice an effect almost immediately, sometimes it may take a few days for the gosling to show improvement.
that’s great advice! Thank you for your information! I have some starter packets of electrolytes and probiotics. I thought it couldn’t hurt to go that rout as well!

Back
Top Bottom