Second set of babies, SQUEEEEE!

awagnon

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2012
Gainesville, TX area
So we got 3 more chicks this year. 2 Sapphire gems and one Speckled Sussex. We are going with a different brooder this time. Last batch we used a tote. We found a guy on YouTube who showed how to build a collapsible brooder. (don't let the sound scare ya, you have to WORK at collapsing it when you are done. lol)

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

He made a pretty good sized one, but you could make it any size you needed. I think this will serve us well through the years and we can just break it down and put it along a closet wall when we don't need it. It will give our girls a good amount of room to roam since we don't ever plan on having more than 6 chicks at a time in it. We will just set it on top of a tarp and paper towels, then when they are older add some pine shavings.

I've been using totes for years, but having a collapsing brooder would be great. Although, of course, I tell myself Every Year that I will NOT be getting more chicks.

BTW, I have one remaining Sapphire Gem and a Speckled Sussex among my flock and adore both. Congrats on adding your chicks! Thanks for sharing the video!

Back
Top Bottom