Seeking heritage barred Plymouth rock hen (2) and rooster (1)

oldcircusbread

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2020
Unfortunately, after ordering 2 hens and a rooster from Franny's Farm in Leicester, NC, and them being complete flakes in not responding to emails and requiring constant calls and emails to get them to give us status update and respond to questions about dates and shipping, constantly, they were supposed to ship our two hens and our rooster today (small backyard order). We've had a nine year old waiting for four weeks, and this was her birthday present. We found out they lied to us (they told us their post office wasn't shipping due to COVID19). After calls to post offices, we found out they were lying to us, and nobody told them that. When we called back to tell them they could ship, they told us they sold our birds to someone from NC who drove to the farm to pick them up. So this is in part a review telling others to boycott Franny's Farm in Leicester, NC as a small breeder who has disappointed our nine year old who has been waiting since 4/1 (her birthday is 4/20) for these birds patiently which were a part of her birthday present.

Second, it's a search for anyone here who may have heritage Barred Plymouth Rocks and might be able to help us out. I'll pay premium for shipping and birds.

I'm sorry to hear that!

I looked up the only heritage large fowl BR breeder I know of and looks like she doesn't even have them any more.

Now. This isn't what you are looking for, BUT with this pandemic thing chickens seem to be at a premium or hard to source for some. What about heritage BR Bantams?! I've never had these, but have hankered after them for a while - yeah...I need another coop, run, etc. I wants, I wants but it's not happening! LOL

Something to look into anyway - Mr. Horstman has been at this for a long time. So worth talking with him.

http://www.horstmanspoultry.com/home.html

Unfortunately, after ordering 2 hens and a rooster from Franny's Farm in Leicester, NC, and them being complete flakes in not responding to emails and requiring constant calls and emails to get them to give us status update and respond to questions about dates and shipping, constantly, they were supposed to ship our two hens and our rooster today (small backyard order). We've had a nine year old waiting for four weeks, and this was her birthday present. We found out they lied to us (they told us their post office wasn't shipping due to COVID19). After calls to post offices, we found out they were lying to us, and nobody told them that. When we called back to tell them they could ship, they told us they sold our birds to someone from NC who drove to the farm to pick them up. So this is in part a review telling others to boycott Franny's Farm in Leicester, NC as a small breeder who has disappointed our nine year old who has been waiting since 4/1 (her birthday is 4/20) for these birds patiently which were a part of her birthday present.

Second, it's a search for anyone here who may have heritage Barred Plymouth Rocks and might be able to help us out. I'll pay premium for shipping and birds.
Try contacting RICHARD HATHAWAY he’s a member here he’s got some nice HBR

Back
Top Bottom