Seeking Seramas in Phoenix area

ernie85017

Songster
9 Years
Jun 24, 2012
I am having a hard time finding "affordable" seramas.
I don't want fancy breeding, and there must be sellers out there
who have hens they need to get rid of.
Any one know of any?
Thanks

Surprisingly I've had luck on craigslist here in Colorado. There was even someone in Denver (Aurora actually) selling them last week. Not sure of the prices (20$ ea for 1 month old i think). I have also had an order with sugar-feather farms and their prices are more reasonable (25-30$/3week old chick) than any other hatchery I have seen and they ship the birds at 3 weeks old which is great. Only problem with them is that the waiting list is super long. Mine come in spring. Hope you can find some though, they are amazing animals. Don't give up!

Edit: As a last resort you can buy eggs on ebay pretty reliably although I have had trouble with the ones I bought a couple different times (eggs were fertile though). The person I just bought 3 silkied Seramas from in a nearby city said that they got their parents from ebay eggs too so it's worth looking into a little. Some people would try to warn you away from ebay hatching eggs, I'm sure, but with Seramas being so hard to get in the midwest (without paying like 100$/ day old) it's a valid option.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom