Separate hatcher for staggered hatch- temp question

dovecanyon

Songster
12 Years
Oct 15, 2009
Weaverville, CA
We currently have eggs set to hatch on two different days. The first batch goes into lockdown Wednesday afternoon. We built a separate hatcher for the first batch, to use while the second batch finishes incubating. Our incubator has a fan, and has been kept at 99.5, but the hatcher does not have a fan. So, my question is this; do we keep the 99.5 temp in the hatcher with no fan since that is the temp the eggs are used to, or do we use 102' because there is no fan? Would the change in temp hurt the eggs? The homemade hatcher has been up and running all day to test it, and we are able to maintain the temp quite well at either 99.5 or 102. Humidity is staying good also, at 65-68%. Glad I thought of this now, instead of on Wednesday!

I am no expert but i built a second incubator to use as hatcher and it has worked great. I set it at 1C lower than my incubator and the quail eggs hatch well in them. I read it from somewhere to have the temperature for hatching ust 1C lower.

All the best

Thank you! That's what I had decided to do if I didn't get any advice- just split the difference and go with a temp between 100-101. I feel better knowing for sure. 101 at the top of the eggs is what I'll do!

Back
Top Bottom