Separating silver laced wyandottes

Brabe

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2021
Milford, OH
Good morning! We have two young old Silver-Laced Wyandottes, one hen and one rooster that’s beginning to crow. We aren’t allowed to have roosters in our neighborhood. But we want to keep the hen. they have white leghorns.

So here are my questions:
1. Will a Silver-laced Wyandotte hen do okay without another SLW.
2. Will a white leghorn hen do okay without any another WLH?

We have a barred rock, two welsummers, and a black hen of some sort (it was supposed to be a barred rock), the same size as our barred rock. All young. None are laying yet.
3. Will they all get along together?

thank you!!

Good morning! We have two young old Silver-Laced Wyandottes, one hen and one rooster that’s beginning to crow. We aren’t allowed to have roosters in our neighborhood. But we want to keep the hen. they have white leghorns.

We have a barred rock, two welsummers, and a black hen of some sort (it was supposed to be a barred rock), the same size as our barred rock. All young. None are laying yet.

thank you!!
Who is they?

thank you!!
Yes, but it’s all about introducing them right...I know people who have bantams and standard chickens getting along, you just have to be spot on with the introduction and integration

Yes, but it’s all about introducing them right...I know people who have bantams and standard chickens getting along, you just have to be spot on with the introduction and integration
I know some people (me) who introduced a silkie bantam to a jersey giant and they never pecked each other once.

Ultimately, "chickens is chickens." They are "color blind", which is to say they don't discriminate or differentiate based on color or breed. No matter what kind of chickens you have, your only concern is integrating "new" chickens with "old" chickens. By "old" I don't mean age of chickens, I mean who first lived in the existing flock. Do a search on "integrating" and you'll find good suggestions on combining your birds, after which everybody should live happily ever after. Use the little search icom in the upper right to get started. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom