Serama chicks.

Is this according to the readout on your incubator?

What incubator are you using?
Is this according to the readout on your incubator?

What incubator are you using?
my incubator doesn't have a hydrometer in it. It just says the temp but its in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit so thays why I use the hydrometer.
Thats my incubator I cant remember the name of it. 🤦lol

Attachments

• JPEG_20220225_233824_6452961318932739409.jpg
    JPEG_20220225_233824_6452961318932739409.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 3
Is it just the one out of the three so far? How are the other two doing? Honestly I don't do anything until they internally pip, except for watch and I do a lot of watching. With some incubators, you can move the egg to where you're able to candle without opening the lid or anything. That causes a lot of curiosity though 🤭

Is it just the one out of the three so far? How are the other two doing? Honestly I don't do anything until they internally pip, except for watch and I do a lot of watching. With some incubators, you can move the egg to where you're able to candle without opening the lid or anything. That causes a lot of curiosity though 🤭
Yes so far its just one egg thats peeping. The other 2 still doing good. They look like they're a couple days behind the one thats pipped. But you can see them moving and their air cell is still intact.

Im gonna let it be tonight and if its not pipped by tomorrow, is that when I should intervene?

Im gonna let it be tonight and if its not pipped by tomorrow, is that when I should intervene?
You can make a safety hole, but I strongly recommend that you read the article before doing so. The safety hole must be done after the internal pip but it's up to you at what point you decide to do it. I believe the article suggests that you make a safety hole if no progress is made with the chick externally pipping within 12 to 18 hours of internal pip. There have been times that I made a safety hole not too long after internal pip, but there have been times that I've waited. I will be sure to look for an update in the morning. I'm so excited for you! Are these eggs from your Serama's or did you get these eggs from a breeder? I love Serama's and will probably be hatching more myself very soon 💜 I hope you're able to get some rest 💤

You can make a safety hole, but I strongly recommend that you read the article before doing so. The safety hole must be done after the internal pip but it's up to you at what point you decide to do it. I believe the article suggests that you make a safety hole if no progress is made with the chick externally pipping within 12 to 18 hours of internal pip. There have been times that I made a safety hole not too long after internal pip, but there have been times that I've waited. I will be sure to look for an update in the morning. I'm so excited for you! Are these eggs from your Serama's or did you get these eggs from a breeder? I love Serama's and will probably be hatching more myself very soon 💜 I hope you're able to get some rest 💤
They are from my seramas. I've been peeking the the clear top of the incubator everytime I wake up and its still not externally pipped. Im going to check if its still peeping. If its not im gonna do a safety hole. I read the article earlier

One of my chicks that hatched ( with full assistance) yesterday had a malposition, feet over head and couldn't pip. It took him around 24 hours from when I had opened some of the front shell, to finish absorbing the yolk and the blood to recede. Most of mine hatched day 19. I had a few pip on the wrong side and the reasoning is either my humidity in my incubator or one of many possible factors. Waiting is best. They are supposed to hatch within 24 hours of piping and sometimes a little more. They take rests but I could definitely tell when one of the ones that piped on the wrong side, got stuck ( and had been over 24 hours struggling to continue). I read that seramas should go over 55 humidity when in lock down so maybe if you had yours shipped it can affect the hatching. The article in the post above was the same one that really gave me a lot of useful information as I am quite new to hatching.

Back
Top Bottom