Serama??

DucklingLover232

Chirping
Mar 27, 2020
Hi everyone I’m really looking into getting a serama hen and some more chicks this spring we already have 2, 1 year old chickens and 3, 3 year old chickens and a duck I love how small and cute the sera mams are but I’m worried it will be bullied is this a bad idea?

Hi! I agree, Seramas are awesome! It's probably going to be fairly difficult to integrate a single adult bird to an existing flock. The best option is to add 3 at a time, but at least 2. Are you wanting your new hen to hatch and brood the chicks?

Sorry I said that wrong I meant I wanted to get a female serama chick along with some other breeds but her being so small I would worry her getting picked on

Sorry I said that wrong I meant I wanted to get a female serama chick along with some other breeds but her being so small I would worry her getting picked on
Well, I'd you want serama chicks you need a serama roo too.
unfortunately, serama don't come sexed, they're too small, best to look for confirmed pullets. My craigslist list is crawling with them.

Awesome thanks
Did you find a Serama chick to add with the others this spring? I set 4 Serama eggs and 6 Silkie eggs for my broody to hatch. Long story short, we have 5 Silkie chicks and 1 Serama. They are all doing great together so far! I have 3 teenager Seramas in the coop with the chicks, separate quarters, but they do get mingling time and all is going well this far! Wondering how it is going for you if you decided to get one!

Back
Top Bottom