Several Breeds - Not sure who is who - 3 weeks old

Acre4Me

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 12, 2017
Western Ohio
We bought Straight Run from Sandhill Preservation. Not expecting gender advice as they are too young, but wanting to see if we sorted them correctly. Also, we have one mystery chick and not sure it belongs with any of the breeds we should have gotten. Let me know your thoughts!

We ordered the following breeds that should be the ones in the pictures:
Black Copper Maran, Blue Copper Maran, Blue Ameraucana, Creme Legbar.

(We also ordered these, but think we've correctly separated these out:
Salmon Faverolle, Redcap, Erminette, White Chantecler, and Gold Laced Wyandotte, and Rose Comb Rhode Island Red.)

Blue Copper Maran?
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG

Black Copper Maran?
IMG_0877.JPG
IMG_0878.JPG

Creme Legbar?
IMG_0872.JPG

Mystery chicks 1 and 2 - we seem to be unsure which chick is a Blue Ameraucana - we should have 2 Blue Ameraucana (and we don't think that was a chick that died). Also, note that the lighter chick has really long wing feathers, but a short body as compared to the other chicks.
IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG

Top batch looks like blue copper marans.

Second group does look like black copper marans.

Third picture shows a speckled Sussex, than the other two could be your legbars. I haven't had the breed, so I'm not positive.

The bottom pictures, the ameraucana is the dark one. The other is partridge color, but not sure of breed, could be a legbar.

Is it just me or does the second chick in the Black Copper Marans picture look more blue than black? Your mystery chick has some feathering on its legs so that should help eliminate quite a few breeds.

Back
Top Bottom