Sexing 10 week old Splash True Ameraucana

Marleeschicks

Chirping
May 28, 2023
Hi there!! I have been scrolling through these threads for months trying to get my best guesses on my babies. Of all 9 chicks the ameraucanas are my absolute favorites. My blue just crowed today, though I had pretty much known early on it was a roo due to slow tail development and overall personality.
These 2 splash have been tough because they are SO cuddly and loving which makes me concerned they are Roos (I kno that this isn’t always the case but I just adore them). Both got their feathers in very quickly. My Eggy girl is very thick and plush feathered, mostly white and just now getting splash at 9 ish weeks. Pepper has always had splash and an overall gray tint. Pepps neck feathers are still a little scraggly.
Give me your best educated guesses I really would love the opinions! Photos are mostly side by side comparison. Eggy is the mostly white one and Pepper is the more gray and has more splash. What’s interesting is my Blue too huckleberry has features similar to Eggy, but not as densely feathered. Pepp has a more narrow peacomb but feathers that would seem more too to me.

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    806 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2713.jpeg
    IMG_2713.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2522.jpeg
    IMG_2522.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2521.jpeg
    IMG_2521.jpeg
    629.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2526.jpeg
    IMG_2526.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2525.jpeg
    IMG_2525.jpeg
    806.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2528.jpeg
    IMG_2528.jpeg
    681 KB · Views: 20
They all except for the last one looks like hens to me .
So there’s two chicks. Sorry I didn’t know how to label them— my first post 😂 That said u are likely referring to pepper. It’s giving too to me also though its temperament throws it off a little. Seems to be lower on pecking order and is quieter.
My blue roo of same age, checks most all boxes for stereotypical roo 😆

Do u think by now we can start identifying Roos based on their interactions with each other?
I’m a total bird nerd and really informed on birds. Chickens however are new to me so I’m

Back
Top Bottom