Shipping Myths

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NY
Eggs/Mail will not be stuck in the Post Office over the week end if shipped on a Saturday.

The Mail Never Stops Moving. Even if your PO is closed to the Public the mail keeps moving across country in Trucks or Planes. If I mail a Box On a Saturday you should get it Monday Morning. I have a good relation ship with my PO they are happy to call me after hours to come down and pick up eggs at the back door.
I even got a call on Thankgiving 2006 To run to town for My gray silkie eggs from Ladonna Heart.

Most PO even get mail in on Sundays. So be nice to your PO workers and they will be nice to you.
Have your Phone Number put on the box and ask your PO to call you when the arrive. :)

Great point Mel! I ship a lot of orders (based on request) on Saturday's and they arrive on Monday. Planes and trucks never stop moving. Thanks for mentioning that.

Jody

I completely agree. Mail never sits it's always moving. Just because there's no delivery on Sunday doesn't mean the mail isn't moving. I actually think Saturday is the best day to ship packages.

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies :

So be nice to your PO workers and they will be nice to you.
Have your Phone Number put on the box and ask your PO to call you when the arrive. :)

Another tip...
Bring your carrier, the Post Master etc... A dozen eggs when you go to pick up your package. Mine LOVE getting fresh eggs!

My PO calls me even when the shipper forgets to put my phone number on the box. And I always give them several dozen eggs as a Thank you.
wink.png

Mitzi​

I live in the city (fort worth texas) I called the postoffice and requested for them to call and let me know if my package of eggs come in and they told me they could not do that. They said I needed to call when they open and they will tell me if my package is in to pick up. I dont know if it is a city thing or what.

I have the same Post Office Problem and I live in a small town. Now...if I ordered chicks from a company, they will call me. But they won't call on Saturday or Sunday, they wait until Monday. Heck our PO ain't even open on Saturday. I have had eggs that I ordered brought very late for priority mail even though they were marked all over the box, "hathching eggs, perishable, and everything else" . I think it depends on where you live, and who you know.

Could be the city. I find some post offices nicer to deal with than others. More rural places seem a lot more helpful... probably due to the fact they aren't dealing with hundreds of customers a day, all on tight city schedules, rushing in on a break or at lunch, or just trying to get something sent, just before the place closes, all after squeezing into a parking spot and dumping a dollar into the meter, to make the mad dash in and out before it is up. LOL

I'm sure that it will vary, because it all depends on the people running the post office. Ours is not so great..... one of our mail carriers leaves a note every time we don't get the walk shoveled out after it snows.... BUT she always walks through the grass and NEVER uses the walk anyways.
tongue.gif
I doubt they would call me if something came in on a Sunday. They are not very nice to deal with..... I think some of you are just lucky enough to have a post office staffed by nice, considerate, helpful individuals. I wish we all could be so lucky
big_smile.png

yes some of you are lucky to have postal workers that like their jobs. Same thing goes for delivery of eggs. That explains why glass in a unmarked box shows up perfect and a box labled fragile showes up smashed, chewed up and spit out.

Back
Top Bottom