Shortbread anyone?

BowChickaBowMow

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Northern Michigan
Ok.. I know it's not an egg or chicken recipe! But I've never made shortbread, but think it'd taste really good fresh and warm.

Has anyone here made it? Do you have a favorite recipe? Please share! Also wondering if you could add ground nuts into it.. or would that mess up the texture too bad?

Thanks!

Chocolate-Pecan Shortbread

1 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup powdeered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease and flour a 9" square baking pan.

In bowl stir together flour, cocoa, pecans, baking soda and salt to combine well.

In mixer bowl combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. gradually add flour and mix weel. Dough will be crumbly.

Pat dough evenly and firmly into a smooth layer in prepared pan. Bake until top feels firm to touch, about 30-35 mins.

Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 mins, then cut into squares. Remove from pan when cool.

Thanks happyhen!

Have you ever tried it w/out the cocoa powder? I know.... chocolate and pecans.. YUMMMM.... but wondering if it'd still work out w/out it, or if I could replace it w/ something else?

Thanks again for posting this!

You're welcome.

I've always used the cocoa, but I suppose you could leave it out. Just increase the flour 1/4 cup. You could also substitute the pecans with other nuts.

Back
Top Bottom