Should I butcher or keep my drakes?

My 2 Runner drakes have 8 Runners an Buffs and there isn’t a problem. It really depends on the drake and how aggressive he is when mating. Maybe consider rehoming one or just having a separate area an have the two young drakes together.
My current adult drake stops mating when his lady wants to stop so I don't think HE'S a problem. I'm not sure about the drake ducklings though I need to check if they're any good in 6 months.

Need a good recipe? I raise cattle you think I'm scared of a duck?
Yup. I remember as a child I had a cow. You know what the cow did? I let it smell my fingers because I thought it was funny (it made a loud Humf when it was smelling my fingers). The cow actually somehow managed to put it's nostrils on top of my fingers and then I got cow mucus all over me. When I was going to go wash my fingers afterwards I also stepped on cow poop. I'm still okay with cows but I prefer raising goats for milk and meat. Another time a drake started to attack me so he could protect his ladies I just wanted to collect eggs. He kept biting and attacking me and scratched me with his nails on his foot I remember I started to cry because of how painful it was (I was 7 or 8 I can't remember) it was a very aggressive one luckily my dad butchered him a month or 2 later. Of course I still raise ducks. Luckily my current adult Cayuga drake is way nicer and a lot less aggressive.

Yup. I remember as a child I had a cow. You know what the cow did? I let it smell my fingers because I thought it was funny (it made a loud Humf when it was smelling my fingers). The cow actually somehow managed to put it's nostrils on top of my fingers and then I got cow mucus all over me. When I was going to go wash my fingers afterwards I also stepped on cow poop. I'm still okay with cows but I prefer raising goats for milk and meat. Another time a drake started to attack me so he could protect his ladies I just wanted to collect eggs. He kept biting and attacking me and scratched me with his nails on his foot I remember I started to cry because of how painful it was (I was 7 or 8 I can't remember) it was a very aggressive one luckily my dad butchered him a month or 2 later. Of course I still raise ducks. Luckily my current adult Cayuga drake is way nicer and a lot less aggressive.
Lol, try assisting a cow giving birth. I'd rather be snotted on

Back
Top Bottom