Should I cull my 2 bully hens? Help

chickenchicken123

In the Brooder
May 7, 2022
I’ve got two 4 year old cinnamon queen hens. I got them in January and they cannot get along with my other six hens! They are way older than the others rest of my hens. The rest of my hens are are coming to be about 1 years old to maybe 11 months. And this Is so frustrating, this has been going on since January!!!!!! They would attack the hens when they would try to roost on the roost bar. Flog them and constantly peck them. I thought that this was normal pecking order, to give it time. I even put them in there own small coop to try and reform them from bullying the others. Yeah that did absolutely nothing. I keep them in there own small coop away from the others, even fenced them a little yard. The problem is that they fly out of the yard, the fence is 4 feet high. So now I just lock them in their coop, which is 3 by four feet or something. They lay eggs everyday which is good but there giving me more work and stress to care for them because I already have two groups of three hens that I have to water, feed and clean there cages (had to separate them because the two bully hens made them aggressive by pecking on them so much).
I’m thinking of just culling them because the problems they are causing really outweighs the good. Only good they bring is eggs really. Ugh but I’m still conflicted because then again they are great hens if you put aside the bullying. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

(And sorry if this is all over the place when you read this. I’m really frustrated right now and I spent way to much time writing this 😀👍🏽. )

Last edited:
Overall, I’m thinking of just culling them because the negatives their brunging drastically over weighs the positives.
I would probably do that, since you don't want to continue housing them separately.

I keep them in there own small coop away from the others, now, even fenced them a little yard. The problem is that they fly out of the yard, the fence is 4 feet high. So now I just lock them in their coop, which is 3 by four feet or something.
Bird netting over the top of their yard might keep them in, but it won't solve the other problems (not getting along with the rest, and you not wanting to tend so many groups of birds.)

Back
Top Bottom