Should I keep this beautiful guy?(3/4 Ayam Cemani 1/4 Americuanna) Rooster

Feath3rDust3r

Songster
5 Years
Mar 16, 2019
Altoona, IA
Does anyone know what would be the advantage of breeding with a 3/4 Ayam Cemani 1/4 Americuanna rooster? I mean, what would we breed with and what would we get?

We have too many roosters...and we love them all!! First we have Reddy, he's the Golden Laced Wyandotte with the perfect comb...then we have Cock-A-Doodle-Doo (Named courtesy of my 4 year old) who is an American Game rooster, I am planning to breed him to some of my girls for higher egg production and less broodiness. Also he's beautiful and i'm hoping for some very interesting cross breeds. We also have a silkie and a millie fluer duccle rooster... and finally Rocket...the guy in the picture below (3/4 Ayam Cemani 1/4 Americuanna)

I hate to part with any of them as we love them all but I am cutting back on hens and I really can't justify that many roosters...unless I can create a breeding group with Rocket.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200302165615248_COVER.jpg

I mean, what would we breed with and what would we get?
Life's like a box of chocolates, and so are cross breeds.

You could continue to make fibro EE's. Any idea what egg color he'd throw? Did/does he have a sister that lays? Ayam Cemani are great to use for designer birds as the blackness lends very well to the colors it does take on.

I have a m/f pair of Ayam Cemani ans Blue Birchen Marans. I got curious what I'd get so I did a search, and found this guy. Not sure what variety of Marans was used, but who care. Looks like a black opal to me.
Screenshot_20200312-142410_Opera.jpg

So I'm hatching some fibro eggs. I've already hatch one AC egg, and got what has an AC body but with blue down on the abdomen and chest. Then I have 9 Marans eggs set. Luckily for me, they naturally mate with the preferred couple for this cross.

Back
Top Bottom