Should I Treat My Whole Flock for Cocci?

saving grace

Loving Life
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2021
Canada
I'll make this quick. One of my 5 week old chicks suddenly became very lethargic about a week ago, she had all the classic signs of cocci. I ordered CORID but it was too late for that chick and she died a couple days later. She was locked up in a coop with her siblings and mom and none of them are showing any signs of cocci, all healthy and lively and it's been days since that chick died. My CORID has arrived so should I still go ahead and treat my whole flock? Is it also necessary for me to do a deep clean in both my coops?

I'll make this quick. One of my 5 week old chicks suddenly became very lethargic about a week ago, she had all the classic signs of cocci. I ordered CORID but it was too late for that chick and she died a couple days later. She was locked up in a coop with her siblings and mom and none of them are showing any signs of cocci, all healthy and lively and it's been days since that chick died. My CORID has arrived so should I still go ahead and treat my whole flock? Is it also necessary for me to do a deep clean in both my coops?
No need for deep cleaning as they need to build resistance, but you can go ahead and treat momma hen and chicks with Corid just in case.

I am sorry you lost the chick.

Back
Top Bottom