Showing term

CochinBrahmaLover

Girl, I'm FABulous
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Warm.... Under a blanket... In Alaska...
So I recently entered some birds in the show.... I got Reserve Grand Champion in Open class, just the production variety, but considering it was a Pekin who was absolutely TINY compared to some of the big boys there, Im pretty dang proud of her! Seriously, she looked like a little chick compared to them.
But, I was wondering what does 'BB' / '1 BB' mean? My mallard got it (they also wrote 'Eclipse' on it... Bad thing or correction?? He was just getting his male colors so I wouldn't call it eclipse, but hey, whatever ), and one other chicken, can't think of its name, got it. Is it bad? Also, my chicken has angel wing basically, and she got 1st place but they did write down 'Wing' on her thing... I don't get how a bird with a wing issue can get 1st place xD and how do they judge the birds when they're under production variety? Oh, and does anyone have a list of chicken terms for showing??
Thank you :)

Last edited:
I know a lot about showing chickens but I've never shown ducks. However, I think "BB" is "Best of Breed" and maybe the "1BB" First overall of that class, the other saying might just be judge notes.
celebrate.gif
Congrats on the show! I hope that helped!

Thanks!! Yes, I love doing it. And I was just shocked to see that big ol' ribbon above her cage!! All the other Pekins had big, manly heads and big, musclier bodies, and here was this little small head, light weight Pekin girl who beat all of them! :lol: will be showing her again. Granite she was in production variety, but reserve grand champion is still reserve grand champion :lol:

Back
Top Bottom