Sick chick help!!

abarber12

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
I don’t know what to do 😅 I have 2 week old chicks and I’ve already had 3 silkies die. I just treated for corid (not 100% sure they had coccidiosis but treated anyways) and changed over to vitamins and electrolytes last night. The last couple days though there are 2 chicks that I keep finding under the brooder plate. Now one of them is standing hunched over/leaning back on hocks and won’t eat or drink! Should I treat another round of corid?? Should l try to get it to drink electrolyte and vitamins? Just not sure what to do and just don’t want to loose any more 😭
Edit: I separated the 2 acting weird and I realized the super lethargic ones crop feels full and squishy… so now I’m wondering if it’s sour crop… I have no idea what to do 😅😅 I feel liked I have 3 different options and I want to choose correctly on what to treat so they survive, but I just don’t know 😅😅 here’s a pic of poop from one.

Attachments

• 02F65277-AD08-4DC5-AE7C-E83F569C7110.jpeg
    02F65277-AD08-4DC5-AE7C-E83F569C7110.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I wouldn't say it is not coccidiosis because I would think there would be blood in the poop. If the crop is squishy like a water balloon, I would say it might be sour crop. Giving them electrolytes is a good start. Putting apple cider vinegar in there water can help.
As for more Corid, I would say hold off for now.

I wouldn't say it is not coccidiosis because I would think there would be blood in the poop. If the crop is squishy like a water balloon, I would say it might be sour crop. Giving them electrolytes is a good start. Putting apple cider vinegar in there water can help.
As for more Corid, I would say hold off for now.
I kinda thought it looked like blood in it in the picture… is it not?

Back
Top Bottom