Sick chick

QueenAcres

Hatching
Oct 17, 2020
I have a 4wk old chick who was very active until 4-5 days ago. She has been slowing down day by day and a couple days ago stopped eating and drinking. I’ve been spoon feeding her electrolyte water and wet feed which she gladly takes from me but a few minutes later she kind of drools/gurgles it out. I have seen her poop so no vent block. Crop isn’t hard or enlarged when I massage it. No visible signs of injury. She has stopped walking around and does not startle when I put my hand in the brooder. She just sleeps all day. Sometimes cuddled with the others and sometimes off on her own. I’m afraid I’m losing this fight. What else can I try?

The last poop I saw(yesterday) was loose but a normal color. But all the rest of the symptoms match...
I do not have corid on hand since I’m a first timer. This little lass may not make it but I should go get some to protect the rest of the flock. Thank you

The last poop I saw(yesterday) was loose but a normal color. But all the rest of the symptoms match...
I do not have corid on hand since I’m a first timer. This little lass may not make it but I should go get some to protect the rest of the flock. Thank you
I would treat with corid, it won't hurt... keep her really warm for now, who knows, she might make it yet!

Back
Top Bottom