Sick chicks

CharlotteBEe

Chirping
Jun 26, 2023
I got a few sick/injured chicks from local feed store and told them to let me know if they get/have more sick/injured chicks.

The last chicks, group A, (2 weeks before the new group) had coccidia and vitamin B12 deficiency.

Group B (current chicks)

Chick 1 : curled foot (it’s taped and almost straightened ) looks dehydrated and lethargic and can’t walk well. Has diarrhea. Had crop stasis treated with
Enzymes and water, crop now empties fine.

Treatment: taped foot( almost straightened). Enzymes and water. Was doing B vitamins and nutridrench and hand feeding/hydrating

Started corrid as suspected coccidia. Poop began looking normal.

NOW the urrates are clear watery consistency am not sure what this indicates.

Chick 2: lethargic, can’t walk, barely stands, droopy wings, feels and looks dehydrated. Breathing heavy and diarrhea

Treatment: same as chick A but also antibiotics

Poop was normal after the start of coccidia treatment. Now this chick has clear urates too.

Chick 3: is active but not as active as healthy chick. Eats but will just stand in the food dish.

Treatment : corrid and supplemental feedings

Chick 4: seems fine just slightly not as active as a healthy chick.

Treatment corrid.

What is the clear poop indicating?

I hatch chicks bi-weekly and all clear poop means to me is they drank a lot. I notice it more after I've given them Hydro-Hen (electrolytes and probiotic water).

I would give them several rounds of probiotics though as a follow-up when you're done with the Corid and antibiotics you're giving them.

Back
Top Bottom