Sick duck?

omnipotentdm

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2020
One of my Pekins is acting a little bit strange. I was sitting outside by their pond and was working on our relationships (they donā€™t like me much šŸ˜­) by tossing some food and treats near my feet and in their food bowl. The 3 ladies all came up hesitantly but he (the possibly sick one) just sat in the pond. I could hear him breathing over the wind and the ladies quacking/honking (so his breathing was quite loud) and his breathing looked labored and sounded kind of raspy. The others seem fine. Is the labored, raspy breathing and seeming lethargy a sign of illness/URI? What should I be watching for? Will he recover on his own or will he need medication? If he needs meds, is there anything at TSC I can get for him? We donā€™t have an avian vet around here so unfortunately a vet visit is out of the question. Their house is mostly enclosed with PLENTY of ventilation and no water inside and their bedding was changed yesterday. Itā€™s been 70s and 80s here the last week+ if that matters. TIA!

Back
Top Bottom