Sick frizzle

Firefly89

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Edmond
My frizzle chick seems to be having issues. It was given to me along with another the same age, about 3 weeks. They looked pretty sickly when I got them on Monday and the one is looking better now but the frizzle is still not looking any better. Her feathers are thin and nonexistent in places like on her underside and under her wings. She has a large lump on her neck and I've been informed it's just a full crop, hers doesn't fluctuate as much as my other chicks though. I'm having trouble uploading images but the lump has sparse feathers and it's kind of a yellowish color against her pink skin and you can see little veins on top, could it be impacted crop?

impacted crop at 3 weeks what all have they been eating? this is close to my heart I have 1 frizzle and she is my baby doll. she over a year old though.

They were given to me on Monday with a small bag of medicated feed that had barely been into. I don't know what they were eating before but the medicated chick feed seemed to have moisture in the bag, maybe it had gotten moldy? I didn't use any from that bag

I wouldn't use that feed either, I guess it's possible for a chick that age to have a crop impactation, have you tried to mix some of their feed with yogurt and maybe some oilve oil mixed in to help what ever is in it's crop to go down?

The crop is sort of on the right side of the neck...it can feel like a bean bag. The best way to tell if a crop is impacted to take away the food over night and see if the crop is empty in the morning...if it's still full feeling, then you might have a problem.
I'm glad the the lice issue is being taken care of. I found this in the archives..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom