Sick hen/ respiratory infection?

fatimastic

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
Pakistan
My hen is behaving a bit lethargic. She has lice and for that I will treat the whole flock today, dusting them with lice killing powder and a mixture of soil.

Her nose is releasing some kind of a liquid, a bit stinky one. Her droppings look okay to me and she is eating fine.

I noticed the flock sneezing and showing other signs of respiratory distress so I gave them an antibiotic made specifically for poultry. But it didn’t seem to have any effect.
So I’m thinking of maybe giving human amoxicillin or vibramycin (doxycycline hyclate) to her. Maybe even the whole flock? Need suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 13
Is vet care an option?
Sadly no… all the vets around me only know about cats and dogs.
Their droppings have gotten better though. But i did lose another pulley yesterday. All of a sudden she started limping with one leg. Acting normal and running around otherwise. Gave her an eggyolk. But the next day found her dead…

Sadly no… all the vets around me only know about cats and dogs.
Their droppings have gotten better though. But i did lose another pulley yesterday. All of a sudden she started limping with one leg. Acting normal and running around otherwise. Gave her an eggyolk. But the next day found her dead…
I'm sorry to hear you lost one :(

I'm not sure what your next course of action should be. Are you still noticing mucous and respiratory symptoms?
The lice are gone with your treatment correct?

Work on hydration and eating well.

Back
Top Bottom