Sick Turkey - yellow poop

outofthereality

Chirping
May 9, 2020
Hello, this is my first time raising Turkeys and I notice one Turkey is pooping yellow. I’m not sure the cause but I saw yellow poop. Is there anything I could give her to prevent it and most possible treat the flock. She has her feathers up, lethargy, still Eats but not in their usual behavior. What could this indicate. I give them Verm-X in the instruction of bottle since they turn a month, and probiotics and electrolytes daily.
image.jpg

Attachments

• BC0E767F-5C8E-41BE-8D8D-40F9F9DAE2F5.jpeg
    BC0E767F-5C8E-41BE-8D8D-40F9F9DAE2F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 1F6A5F02-BC5E-4E02-8118-90892A2ECFD5.jpeg
    1F6A5F02-BC5E-4E02-8118-90892A2ECFD5.jpeg
    876 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
@casportpony, do you think this could be a sign of blackhead?
If it is, where can I buy it and how can I treat them as fast as possible for the whole flock if one is sick with it. This is the one sick at the moment. She’s doing fine but the droppings is what I’m worry about it. I live in Georgia
image.jpg

Last edited:
Is the poult still alive?

If it is and you're still seeing yellow droppings locate some fishazole (metronidazole), enrofloxacin powder or injectable, and fenbendazole liquid dewormer (Safeguard) ASAP. If you search old threads on blackhead you will find dosages. I've got everything written down but considering so much time has passed and no further word on your thread, I suspect the worst. I'm so sorry you've went through this.

Is the poult still alive?

If it is and you're still seeing yellow droppings locate some fishazole (metronidazole), enrofloxacin powder or injectable, and fenbendazole liquid dewormer (Safeguard) ASAP. If you search old threads on blackhead you will find dosages. I've got everything written down but considering so much time has passed and no further word on your thread, I suspect the worst. I'm so sorry you've went through this.
I did try but eventually she died

I did try but eventually she died
Do you have anymore turkeys? You can cope with blackhead in turkeys if you have it in your ground but it will take diligence to prevent it and hypervigilance to monitor the birds for early symptoms so you can begin treatment early enough to save them. It's a battle I'm in for as well. I have blackhead on my property and will be attempting to raise turkeys again. For now they are in a wire bottomed brooder off the ground but will be going outside soon. I'm so sorry you lost your turkeys poults!

Do you have anymore turkeys? You can cope with blackhead in turkeys if you have it in your ground but it will take diligence to prevent it and hypervigilance to monitor the birds for early symptoms so you can begin treatment early enough to save them. It's a battle I'm in for as well. I have blackhead on my property and will be attempting to raise turkeys again. For now they are in a wire bottomed brooder off the ground but will be going outside soon. I'm so sorry you lost your turkeys poults!
I do have more but they’re fine, I went to deworm the whole flock. And cleaned the ground and everywhere I could with vinegar and baking soda. They’re with my chickens as well, and seems well. I tend to maintain them outside their coop most of the day.

I do have more but they’re fine, I went to deworm the whole flock. And cleaned the ground and everywhere I could with vinegar and baking soda. They’re with my chickens as well, and seems well. I tend to maintain them outside their coop most of the day.
Sorry for your loss. If you should lose another bird, I would send the body to your state vet for a diagnosis. I don’t know if your poult had blackhead disease or not, but they could give you a diagnosis. Turkeys can get blackhead protozoan infection from being around chickens, through cecal worms. Treatment with metronidazole (available online as AquaZole) is a treatment. Worming your poultry with Valbazen or SafeGuard can treat cecal worms with a dose orally that is repeated in 10 days. Cecal worms from chickens can harbor the disease. Here is some reading about blackhead disease (histomoniasis:)
https://extension.psu.edu/histomoniasis-blackhead-disease

Back
Top Bottom