Sick Week Old Chick; GREEN Poop

briannereese

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2021
Dallas, Texas
Hello, not my first rodeo raising chicks, but this is the first time I have ever seen a baby chick have GREEN GREEN poop. I found her like this yesterday. I gently washed her butt, but she is still pooping the super green liquid poop. She is lethargic but still wanting to eat and drink but I can tell the exhaustion is weighing on her. I have given them "save a chick," probiotics and the electrolytes in their water. She is also on medicated feed. Other chicks seem happy and healthy. This chick came from a local breeder and she also was very puzzled. Any ideas? Any thing I can do for her? I saw on an older thread giving Tylon 50 injections but she is only a week old, and those other birds were almost a year old. Thanks!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2241.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2241.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 42
I'd keep her on probiotics for awhile, just in case it's a gut bacteria imbalance, but remove the vitamins, & if you feel it's necessary, give her a drop of Nutridrench right in the beak if you feels she's too slow.
Yes I did notice she perked up after drinking the water yesterday. She is the smallest chick and I do believe she was getting bullied, so I added another feeding dish too yesterday. What do you mean remove the vitamins, the electrolytes? I can do that for sure. And I will get some Nutridrench and try that when I get home from work.

Is the chick being bullied off the feed by chance? Green poop usually means they're being starved.

What brand is the feed?, & any chance there maybe mold?
Oh sorry, it is Start & Grow® by Purina® Medicated, and we just purchased the page a week ago, and keep it in the laundry room with them. I have noticed any mold but I can really look closer after work too.

Yes I did notice she perked up after drinking the water yesterday. She is the smallest chick and I do believe she was getting bullied, so I added another feeding dish too yesterday. What do you mean remove the vitamins, the electrolytes? I can do that for sure. And I will get some Nutridrench and try that when I get home from work.
The Sav-A-Chick Electrolytes is both vitamins, & electrolytes.

That's good she perked up after drinking the water.

You can give the Nutridrench 1-2 drops 2 times a day, if you feel she needs it.

Omg, I'm in the exact same boat! My chick is 3-4 weeks old and yesterday I noticed she was sleeping non stop. I'm giving her nutridrench water, (they were on Corid for 2 weeks prior) she eats plenty of food, but her poop is bright green. She's super lethargic and just stands and sleeps, and puts her head backwards on her wings.
How did your's turn out???

Back
Top Bottom