Silkie Chicks

TamiP

Songster
Mar 8, 2022
I have 4 Silkies I hatched from shipped eggs and they're 4 weeks old now. They have been in our living room in a tote with heat the whole time. I'm wondering when I can put them outside during the day in a cage in the big chicken run. I would like them to feel the ground and get used to the sisters they will eventually be living with. We are in SE Texas so quite warm during the day barring terrible wind I was thinking they may enjoy the experience. What do you guys recommend? I'm including pics so you can see how many feathers they have.
20220427_203237.jpg
20220427_203210.jpg
20220427_203409.jpg
20220427_203415.jpg
20220427_203430.jpg

Awwwww, so cute!!! I tried to turn off the lamp inside for our 4 weekers which includes silkies. They’re in our kitchen and it’s always 70° minimum. No loud peeping and they seemed fine for a few days, but they just looked a smidge fluffed up. Turned the lamp back on this evening and they threw themselves down to do a little rotisserie routine, wings up and legs kicked out… Meanwhile my 2 week old BYM are all sitting in front of the mama heat pad cave and refuse to go in all day. They love playing and scratching their food out of the feeder 🙄

Awwwww, so cute!!! I tried to turn off the lamp inside for our 4 weekers which includes silkies. They’re in our kitchen and it’s always 70° minimum. No loud peeping and they seemed fine for a few days, but they just looked a smidge fluffed up. Turned the lamp back on this evening and they threw themselves down to do a little rotisserie routine, wings up and legs kicked out… Meanwhile my 2 week old BYM are all sitting in front of the mama heat pad cave and refuse to go in all day. They love playing and scratching their food out of the feeder 🙄
I think part of my hesitancy is that they'll fluff up and get sick and keel over like TS chicks.

Back
Top Bottom