Silkie Hen high on Pecking Order

The phrase 'to be cooped up' refers to being placed inside a small building without freedom to roam outside.

I have always referred to the coop as the building that encloses the birds, with the outdoor area being the run.

Both our pheasants and our poultry have a stall to themselves in our barn, but they used to live in an old shed, which we 'cooped them up' in.
That's a term derived from a Chickens housing. Like other terms, like Flew the coop. We have lots of stuff in our language that's based off of chicken's actually.

It doesn't really matter as long as your birds can't escape.

That's a term derived from a Chickens housing. Like other terms, like Flew the coop. We have lots of stuff in our language that's based off of chicken's actually.

It doesn't really matter as long as your birds can't escape.
Well I suppose the point is, if it doesn't really matter, is there any need to correct another person?

And if it does matter, actually BOTH definitions appear to be correct. :-D
Screenshot_20220131-204704_Chrome.jpg

Well I suppose the point is, if it doesn't really matter, is there any need to correct another person?

And if it does matter, actually BOTH definitions appear to be correct. :-DView attachment 2979462
I was just saying. Not necessarily trying to correct anything. Kinda hard to Express through text.

I just consider coop a building, includes the henhouse, & run.

Back
Top Bottom