Silkie with little bumps

Awheller

Chirping
Sep 20, 2021
Hi đź‘‹

I've hatched my fair share of silkies but this is new to me, one just came out and it looks like it has little bumps all over it. Like it's coated is very small sugar size grain..? I don't know how else to describe it so here are a few pictures. Wondering if anyone has seen this before? What it could be? A feather mutation? Mom and dad are 2 plain old bearded silkies I've hatched their eggs a few times with no issues of abnormalities
20230816_151857.jpg
20230816_151835.jpg
20230816_151857_resized.jpg

You have great pictures of this so there's no question what it looks like.
I have hatched hundreds of silkies, too and never seen anything like this. I guess I'd wait to see when it dries and gets fluffy if it still has it as I'm guessing it'll fall off. I'm only assuming something went awry inside the egg that deposited this on the chick?

You have great pictures of this so there's no question what it looks like.
I have hatched hundreds of silkies, too and never seen anything like this. I guess I'd wait to see when it dries and gets fluffy if it still has it as I'm guessing it'll fall off. I'm only assuming something went awry inside the egg that deposited this on the chick?
That's what I was thinking. The belly of this little baby is now dried and it appears fluffy just like they usually fluff up haha so hopefully the rest of this baby will fluff right up too. I was just surprised and a little caught off guard so I thought I'd turn to the trusty byc!

Thank for your reply! I will post a picture when it's all dry haha

Attachments

• 20230816_161147.jpg
    20230816_161147.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom