Silkies barely eating possibly underweight

Yolko-ono

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2022
I have 2 nine week old silkie chicks that are barely eating the past few days. They also seem underweight when I pick them up I can feel a bone protruding underneath (breast bone? Not sure) they do seem curious and peck at things outside but not really interested in any food I give them. I’ve tried feeding them by hand and for the most part are uninterested. after attempting to peck they just give up.

I have 2 nine week old silkie chicks that are barely eating the past few days. They also seem underweight when I pick them up I can feel a bone protruding underneath (breast bone? Not sure) they do seem curious and peck at things outside but not really interested in any food I give them. I’ve tried feeding them by hand and for the most part are uninterested. after attempting to peck they just give up.
One of them also pants a lot, I’m worried it might be worms or some sort of respitory infection. I know she’s not overheating because the temps are quite mild here and the other one seems fine

What is their diet?
What is their diet?

Have you ever had to treat for coccidiosis before?

Where did you buy them?

Have you ever had a respiratory disease in your flock before?

Can you take a quick, clear video of them now and upload it to Youtube?

Were they on crumbles before starting the pellets? Did you mix them as you started the new feed? They may just be picky about the change in feed. Moistening some of the pellets with water to make a wet mash might get them interested. Will they eat a few bits of scrambled egg for you? My 2 silkies were a bit of the slender side, compared to my other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom