Single turkey

Cherrywood

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 12, 2018
I had two turkeys one male one female my male recently passed..should I be looking to get another for her to have company or will she okay alone?? I do spend a lot of time out with her and our two dogs are out with her even more. Been together sense we got the female 3 years ago Ideas?

Chickens will often keep a turkey company. If you only have a turkey though I would recommend getting another. I had one Tom for a while and he did fine with our chickens.

I had two turkeys one male one female my male recently passed..should I be looking to get another for her to have company or will she okay alone?? I do spend a lot of time out with her and our two dogs are out with her even more. Been together sense we got the female 3 years ago Ideas?
You should get at least one more turkey. It doesn't have to be a tom, it can be another hen.

Chickens will often keep a turkey company. If you only have a turkey though I would recommend getting another. I had one Tom for a while and he did fine with our chickens.
Keeping a tom turkey with chickens will eventually lead to dead chickens when he starts trying to breed them. If blackhead is a problem in your area, keeping a turkey with chickens can be a death sentence to the turkeys.

Keeping a tom turkey with chickens will eventually lead to dead chickens when he starts trying to breed them. If blackhead is a problem in your area, keeping a turkey with chickens can be a death sentence to the turkeys.
Thank you for the information

Back
Top Bottom