Slight leg twitch

May 6, 2022
Hello BYC. For a long time I have noticed that one of my ducks legs twitch occasionally. He isn't in pain, not limping, and in fact just totally ignores it. He walks, runs, lands on it, swims, stands on it, sleeps on it, and gets in and out of the kiddy pool on it.

He did have a case of tendinitis last June and the vet helped me treat it with anti-inflammatory pills. The vet did say that he could possibly have minor leg problems that randomly occurr, but none should be serious. And besides two or three episodes where he had minor leg problems for a day or so since the vet visit he's been fine. The twitch has no correlation to when a episode will occur. So, why is my ducks leg twitching and should I be concerned?

Last edited:
Are you still offering any type of niacin? like Nutritional yeast over their feed? might try this and see if it helps. Sounds like he is an adult but even adults can come up with a deficiency.
I have been feeding purina duck pellets and I heard a of mix answers on whether I should be adding a supplement or if this feed has enough niacin. Well starting today I will be adding small amounts of nutritional yeast. When will the effects of adding nutritional yeast kick in?

By end week I'd say you should see a difference if it's niacin. Go ahead and put 1 Tab to each cup of feed that is the reg dose.
If you happen to have liquid B Complex that is even faster working than NY. 1Ml over a small amount of tasty treat. !X a day until the twitch is gone then a week more. Then stay on the NY.

Last edited:
By end week I'd say you should see a difference if it's niacin. Go ahead and put 1 Tab to each cup of feed that is the reg dose.
Alright thanks😁. Starting today at their dinner time I will put in a tab of nutritional yeast. Since this isn't a urgent case I won't put it in their breakfast since they seem to eat more at night and waste a lot of feed during the day.

Back
Top Bottom