Slightly lethargic silkie chicken...after 3 deaths from the coop...

.1ml and .10ml is the same thing.

Crop is at the right of the breast. You should be able to feel a bulge when the chick has been eating/drinking. The crop should feel fullish at the end of the day when the bird goes to sleep and should feel empty first thing in the morning before they eat/drink. If the crop still has a bulge in the morning, then there's a problem.

You're an NPIP chicken breeder?
https://www.thesilkiechickens.com/shop
Then yes I was checking correctly. The crop is working per its usual intention. And yes! I am!

.1ml and .10ml is the same thing.

Crop is at the right of the breast. You should be able to feel a bulge when the chick has been eating/drinking. The crop should feel fullish at the end of the day when the bird goes to sleep and should feel empty first thing in the morning before they eat/drink. If the crop still has a bulge in the morning, then there's a problem.

You're an NPIP chicken breeder?
https://www.thesilkiechickens.com/shop
Lol, I did put the .10 instead off 10ml I misread and displayed a typo. Thanks for the clarification

Can someone help? I’m not sure what is going on I do have a lot of silkies right now in one coop as I’m building my fourth largest coop that is almost finished however they still have plenty of room to free range. However, it is extremely hot outside and I do keep a circulating fan on them during the day. I lost three of them today and one more a few days ago to what I thought may be due to the heat but now I’m just not quite sure….

one is now acting slightly lethargic it was totally fine earlier today as I cleaned out that coop.

I gave her plenty of vitamins a.k.a. poultry cell vitamin B 12+ supplements and Nutri drench with water. Thinking of scrambling an egg to see if she eats. I’m afraid to treat her with any antibiotics or anything else I have, ( which is pretty much everything in my emergency chicken vet kit ...I've pretty much got the gamut)... Any suggestions out there? I really don’t wanna lose this one it’s my last and final buff Silkie that is a part of my breeding stock .
I’m happy to say my chick is doing fine now. I’m going to continue the Corid drench and water solution and keep her separated in her own coop for the time being. I’m also waiting for the necropsy and fecal float test results. I just overnighted both specimens to the lab. I gutted, disinfected, and cleaned The coop out that my chicken was in displaying the signs of lethargy. For safe measure, I’m treating the chicks that were also in that same coop but no signs of any unusual behaviors. I have moved all of that flock to another coop I have that was already cleaned and emptied. I have also just finished a larger 10x10x12 a frame coop that I am moving my breeding stock into. Luckily none of the other flocks that weren’t with these guys aren’t displaying any unusual behaviors either and I don’t feel the need to treat them because they weren’t together at any point in time. I will keep you guys updated on these results and thank you again for all your help!!!!! LOVE MY BYC FAMILY! Such a wonder community 🤩❤️😍

I’m happy to say my chick is doing fine now. I’m going to continue the Corid drench and water solution and keep her separated in her own coop for the time being. I’m also waiting for the necropsy and fecal float test results. I just overnighted both specimens to the lab. I gutted, disinfected, and cleaned The coop out that my chicken was in displaying the signs of lethargy. For safe measure, I’m treating the chicks that were also in that same coop but no signs of any unusual behaviors. I have moved all of that flock to another coop I have that was already cleaned and emptied. I have also just finished a larger 10x10x12 a frame coop that I am moving my breeding stock into. Luckily none of the other flocks that weren’t with these guys aren’t displaying any unusual behaviors either and I don’t feel the need to treat them because they weren’t together at any point in time. I will keep you guys updated on these results and thank you again for all your help!!!!! LOVE MY BYC FAMILY! Such a wonderful community 🤩❤️😍

Lastly, I wish I could give you more signs of my worry from her other than, “she’s just not acting right, it’s my gut mostly but every time I have this feeling it is Something….just afraid to wait until too late
Can someone help? I’m not sure what is going on I do have a lot of silkies right now in one coop as I’m building my fourth largest coop that is almost finished however they still have plenty of room to free range. However, it is extremely hot outside and I do keep a circulating fan on them during the day. I lost three of them today and one more a few days ago to what I thought may be due to the heat but now I’m just not quite sure….

one is now acting slightly lethargic it was totally fine earlier today as I cleaned out that coop.

I gave her plenty of vitamins a.k.a. poultry cell vitamin B 12+ supplements and Nutri drench with water. Thinking of scrambling an egg to see if she eats. I’m afraid to treat her with any antibiotics or anything else I have, ( which is pretty much everything in my emergency chicken vet kit ...I've pretty much got the gamut)... Any suggestions out there? I really don’t wanna lose this one it’s my last and final buff Silkie that is a part of my breeding stock .
UPDATE: I’m happy to say my chick is doing much better today. I’m going to continue the Corid drench and water solution and keep her separated in her own coop for the time being. I’m also waiting for the necropsy and fecal float test results. I just overnighted both specimens to the lab. I gutted, disinfected, and cleaned The coop out that my chicken was in displaying the signs of lethargy. For safe measure, I’m treating the chicks that were also in that same coop but no signs of any unusual behaviors. I have moved all of that flock to another coop I have that was already cleaned and emptied. I have also just finished a larger 10x10x12 A-frame coop that I am moving my breeding stock into. Luckily none of the other flocks that weren’t with these guys aren’t displaying any unusual behaviors either and I don’t feel the need to treat them because they weren’t together at any point in time. I will keep you guys updated on these results and thank you again for all your help!!!!! LOVE MY BYC FAMILY! Such a wonderful community 🤩❤️😍

Back
Top Bottom