Small duckling with swollen body

I don’t think so. They are kept in an indoor run with nothing like that left around. But they have been on the grass a few times, but again, nothing like that is generally left around

Further update - Bob has now been moved inside, into a brooder with 5 chicks which hatched yesterday. He is really docile and the other ducklings have grown so much, he kept getting trampled on.

He still has a large stomach, but is pooing plenty and eating and drinking. He doesn't like to walk around too much, and is sleeping a lot. He is getting plenty of cuddles and seems happy to be away from the giants!! He is now 5.5 weeks and only has a few feathers partially coming in on his tail and sides.

Not sure what else to do, apart from give him plenty of love.😍

Sadly, we lost little Bob last night. He took a turn for the worse at lunchtime and passed away in my arms early evening.
I know it was the best thing for him as he wasn’t thriving, but we are still really gutted ☹️ he was a special little chap 🥰

Sadly, we lost little Bob last night. He took a turn for the worse at lunchtime and passed away in my arms early evening.
I know it was the best thing for him as he wasn’t thriving, but we are still really gutted ☹️ he was a special little chap 🥰
I’m so very sorry you lost little Bob. I’m sure he was a very special little fella. You took wonderful care of him and gave him a good life. :( :hugs

Back
Top Bottom