small pet bedding with paper

Dhkoenig

Songster
Sep 21, 2020
Bergen County New Jersey
Hi All - last year I bought "small pet bedding" at Petco and it was basically shavings with small bits of paper. I LOVED it because it was so easy to scoop the poops out. I am not a deep litter girl - I prefer to go in each day and scoop. I love Flock Fresh and pine shavings but I find it really hard to find all the poops - whereas the small pet bedding with paper, it was so easy - you can see them and they clump together and scoop up easily. I wonder tho - is there a danger of them eating the paper and having impacted crop? It didn't happen to me last year but now I have 3 new adolescents and it seems like they really get into mischief!

I would not be too worried about them eating the bedding. The bits of paper is same as pine shavings. (both a product of wood)
The only concern with eating bedding, would be for baby chicks. They are just hatched, and not very wise yet. I would prefer to use sheets of newspaper for baby chicks, for first few weeks.
Have you considered trying Sweet PDZ as bedding??? It is easy to scoop out the gumdrops, and the PDZ absorbs the liquid portions of the poop.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom