Smashed thumb experiences?

Ok, I'll share too.

I smashed my thumb with a large framing hammer in the fall of '06. My husband started talking to me and I looked at him and proceeded to hammer my thumb and not the u nail I was aiming at.

I ended up going to the doctor because of the pain from pressure that night. He tried to put a hole in my nail with some solder type thingy, that hurt worse and I made him quit. The x-ray showed that I had broke the tip of my phalange.

I went home and the pain was so intense that I (stop here if your squimish) ended up pushing a needle through the cuticle area under the nail to relieve the pressure. The nail did fall off and has now regrown. It looks perfectly normal except for a small ridge down the center.

Here's my picture:

owie.jpg

You can see where the doctor and I tried to drill holes to relieve the pressure. Man, I don't ever want to do that again.

Last edited:
when I was much younger.. I was in gymnastics.. I was learning a release move on bars one where you let go of the bar flip and then catch the bar again.. anyway I was just a tad too far from catching the bar with my palms but I reached for it and I caught it with my pinkie nail.. it flipped the entire nail up to the quick.. (ohhhhh the pain) that was more pain than I had ever been in at that point (pre childbirth ha ha) my coach was so mean he made me put a bandaid on it holding the nail in place and get back up and do it again. I belive he was part of the squelch of my love of gymnastics. It did fall off and you cant even tell today.

big_smile.png

another story with my x husband we were building a railling on our deck. and putting in the rungs.. I was the leveling girl and he was using a nail gun and nailing through the top into the rung.. anyway one of the nails went in crooked and came out the side where I was holding and went into my thumb.. that hurt too.. he was the kind who would say I didnt mean to.. it was an accident.. are you okay.. but could never say the word "im sorry"

mom'sfolly :

Okay, Oblio's feet just made me have something to add to the phobia thread. Man, put some shoes on!!!
big_smile.png

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
I'll second that!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom