Sneezing Chicken

perke

In the Brooder
May 15, 2020
My Large Marge has been sneezing a lot lately. So, a couple weeks ago we thought she had either worms or an impacted crop. We treated her for those things and then she developed a sneeze. Wasn't that big of a deal because I had never heard a chicken sneeze and it was once in a blue moon. Then she stopped completely and we put her back in with the flock. A week or so later she started sneezing again. And she's still sneezing and it's way more frequent. Like, a lot. And, every once in awhile it looks like she's trying to grab some air. Like a human would have a stuffy nose. I checked her nose and it is clear. We checked her throat and didn't see any worms. Her crop is normal. She still eats normal. She still runs around with the flock. She still drinks water normally. Her comb is still red. I started them on a probiotic/ electrolytes water "treatment" yesterday to see if that helps. We've been putting Vetrx on her couple times a day. Is there any ideas of what could be wrong? Or what I could be doing extra? Thank you. =)

Sounds like a start of a upper respiratory infection. You could always get Tylan 50 injectable from your local farm store.

Back
Top Bottom