Sneezing hen + Hens balding, losing neck feathers + unhealthy feathers

Chicken Manay

Hatching
Dec 1, 2023
1. Sneezing Chicken
For a while my chicken (Lily) has been sneezing constantly everyday and none of the other hens have this issue. I have a video of her sneezes. I also have one of her breathing deeply while resting, however, I'm not sure if this is bad since I have another chicken who rests like that and she seems fine.

2. Unhealthy Feathers
This chicken (Chili), who is in all the photos below, has feathers that are dry, not soft and unhealthy looking. Second photo is her last year.

Earlier in the year, she had mite/lice eggs on feathers of her bottom which we washed off. At the time, we didn't know what it was. I looked recently and she is lacking feathers around and on her keel and on her bottom.

3. Balding on head and neck
Two chickens look bald on top of their head. I am guessing it might be from lice. I sprayed them a month ago but I'm not sure if it got rid of them.

IMG_0743.jpg
Chili balding (2023)

IMG_0488 (1).JPG
Chili last year (2022)

These two chickens as well as two other hens have been losing feathers on their neck. This chicken (Chili) has the worst case of it.
IMG_0745.jpg
Chili's neck (In 2023)

I would greatly appreciate help to identifying the causes of these problems and the treatments I could use! It would be best if the treatment is something I can get living in Australia!

Extra info:
- I have 7 hens, 0 roosters
- Some strange behavior - Most hens gently pecking another's feathers (usually their butt feathers)
- Respiratory chicken usually gently pecks/licks other chickens beaks
- Their diet consists of pellets, wheat, rice or bread, and scraps from the kitchen

Back
Top Bottom