Mutchi

Crowing
Apr 5, 2021
hamilton MT
My Coop
My Coop
I have the large problem with snow!

Let's start when I got up....

So I got out of bed and my curtains were still closed šŸ™ƒand I looked at the window and I saw...SNOW!! Well, I ran out side and see my chickens playing in the snow! I quickly got them inside the coop. I couldn't find a shovel but I found a rake so I just made a path with the rake and the I put food inside because the food area was covered in snow. All chickens are good šŸ‘but that's not anything close to the problem. The problem is...

I found a pest bird in the coop! How do I keep these things out?

A pest bird? Like a Robin or blackbird?
To help keep them out, you could use the small vegetable garden netting and place it on the sides and top of the run.

I use this type of betting, and it keeps out a lot of birds!

My chickens do not like to wake up to a strange white world. They don't like change and that can be a pretty big change. The day I took this photo the snow fell after they were out for the day so the change was gradual enough it didn't bother them.

Snow Feb 2013.JPG

It was 4 degrees Fahrenheit above zero when I took this photo. It had been colder but I had to go back to get the camera. I open the pop door and let them decide whether they want to go out or not. If a cold wind is blowing they don't go out and stay out. This was a calm morning so hey were out enjoying the weather.

Ice.jpg

I don't now what your coop looks like, maybe you can chase that bird out with a broom. But as long as a pop door is open many critters can get inside.

My chickens do not like to wake up to a strange white world. They don't like change and that can be a pretty big change. The day I took this photo the snow fell after they were out for the day so the change was gradual enough it didn't bother them.

View attachment 2624906

It was 4 degrees Fahrenheit above zero when I took this photo. It had been colder but I had to go back to get the camera. I open the pop door and let them decide whether they want to go out or not. If a cold wind is blowing they don't go out and stay out. This was a calm morning so hey were out enjoying the weather.

View attachment 2624907

I don't now what your coop looks like, maybe you can chase that bird out with a broom. But as long as a pop door is open many critters can get inside.
We have a dog door on the coop door

Back
Top Bottom