So proud

Mamatomany123

Crowing
Mar 14, 2020
West texas
So we've been working on a new run for the girls and accidentally created a hole that 1 of my hens found. I was in the kitchen this morning preparing Thanksgiving food when I heard her scream. Before I could even get out the door my little 7 month old boxer puppy Mateo was out his doggy door and at the other side of our property. I saw him attacking something and freaked thinking it was one of the hens but as I got closer I saw it was a hawk! Checked cameras and saw one of my leghorns getting grabbed by a chicken hawk( poor girl is too fat to be carried away) and then I see Mateo jumping on the hawk and letting the hen run to safety. Good boy got tons of treats and turkey today. We also fixed the run and our leghorn seems to be ok.

Attachments

• IMG_20221124_120359_574.jpg
    IMG_20221124_120359_574.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20221124_143944.jpg
    20221124_143944.jpg
    987.5 KB · Views: 2
So we've been working on a new run for the girls and accidentally created a hole that 1 of my hens found. I was in the kitchen this morning preparing Thanksgiving food when I heard her scream. Before I could even get out the door my little 7 month old boxer puppy Mateo was out his doggy door and at the other side of our property. I saw him attacking something and freaked thinking it was one of the hens but as I got closer I saw it was a hawk! Checked cameras and saw one of my leghorns getting grabbed by a chicken hawk( poor girl is too fat to be carried away) and then I see Mateo jumping on the hawk and letting the hen run to safety. Good boy got tons of treats and turkey today. We also fixed the run and our leghorn seems to be ok.
I love boxers we've had many of them Good job Mateo!

Back
Top Bottom