Some duck penis questions

TinaandJohnny

Chirping
Aug 23, 2022
Hey! Everyone has good insight on here and want to post to see if anyone can answer my questions!

So I’ve got only two drakes, hatched them myself so they are very imprinted on me and are my buddies. I have some questions about the duck penis. Both are 6 months old and I’ve noticed a few times, their penis comes out, then it sucks back up in there, never has stayed out for longer than a few seconds. Is this normal? They are definitely sexually maturing as I can see it in their personalities. I’m just curious if this is normal and will it increase in the spring? I’ve really only seen it a few times but am kind of surprised it does that! Let me know and if any tips! Thanks!

Hey! Everyone has good insight on here and want to post to see if anyone can answer my questions!

So I’ve got only two drakes, hatched them myself so they are very imprinted on me and are my buddies. I have some questions about the duck penis. Both are 6 months old and I’ve noticed a few times, their penis comes out, then it sucks back up in there, never has stayed out for longer than a few seconds. Is this normal? They are definitely sexually maturing as I can see it in their personalities. I’m just curious if this is normal and will it increase in the spring? I’ve really only seen it a few times but am kind of surprised it does that! Let me know and if any tips! Thanks!
Hi @TinaandJohny

My pekin drakes were the same as juveniles -- nothing to worry about. Normal for them. Interestingly, I have muscovy drakes and have never seen their penises. I don't have female ducks: my son has a pekin drake and two females. He mounts his girls often enough and often has his penis dangling afterwards for a short time

Hi @TinaandJohny

My pekin drakes were the same as juveniles -- nothing to worry about. Normal for them. Interestingly, I have muscovy drakes and have never seen their penises. I don't have female ducks: my son has a pekin drake and two females. He mounts his girls often enough and often has his penis dangling afterwards for a short time
Thank you for sharing! Makes me feel better! I wasn’t really stressed about it just because I’ve seen them dangle out before. Appreciate your response!

Back
Top Bottom