Something I made

Featherlove23

Chirping
Apr 29, 2022
Idaho
Delete if not ok. Just wanted to share my new favorite sweater I made.

I wanted a sweater with a chicken and duck on it without spending a lot. So I bought a plain black sweater from my local Walmart, some bleach, and a small pack of paint brushes. With a quick google search for my reference images and a white pen from my art supplies.
I'm so happy with how it turned out.
(The image looks a little wooky as it was taken at an awkward angle)

Attachments

• IMG_20221009_170837932.jpg
    IMG_20221009_170837932.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 21

I wanted a sweater with a chicken and duck on it without spending a lot. So I bought a plain black sweater from my local Walmart, some bleach, and a small pack of paint brushes. With a quick google search for my reference images and a white pen from my art supplies.
It's ok to share! they absolutely shouldn't delete this!!!!!!!!
I could NEVER 😲 it is so pretty!!!!!!!!

But the only problem is the category this thread is in. 😂 You were SO close and i see how this could be a mix up. honestly, i don't think they will mind much though.

It's ok to share! they absolutely shouldn't delete this!!!!!!!!
I could NEVER 😲 it is so pretty!!!!!!!!

But the only problem is the category this thread is in. 😂 You were SO close and i see how this could be a mix up. honestly, i don't think they will mind much though.
Oops. 😅. What category should I have put it in?

It's beautiful!!! I had no idea you could do this with bleach.
However, I worry the bleach will eat holes in the fabric. Did you wash the shirt in cold water immediately after painting it (I hope so)? You'll need to neutralize the bleach so it doesn't damage the fabric.
  1. Rinse the area with cold water to remove any excess bleach
  2. Create a thick paste by mixing together some baking soda and water
  3. Spread this over the stain evenly
  4. Leave to dry and then brush off gently – you may want to use an old toothbrush

Great job, you're very talented!

Back
Top Bottom