Sometimes...my birds just make me smile

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
Do your birds ever make you just smile after a long, rough day? My usually angry roo let me give him a hug tonight and didn't even seem to mind. And all my flock just ran around makin a racket (saying hi) and the ducks played in a little itty bitty puddle they found and got all muddy. Does your flock ever just make you smile? :D

Often when I am having a bad day, my flock will cheer me up. They are such goofy ducks sometimes and can be so sweet at times. There are a lot things about them that make me laugh. Finding joy in the flock is what makes it all worth it. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth all the work they require, especially in bad weather.

Often when I am having a bad day, my flock will cheer me up. They are such goofy ducks sometimes and can be so sweet at times. There are a lot things about them that make me laugh. Finding joy in the flock is what makes it all worth it. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth all the work they require, especially in bad weather.
Agreed!!! They really are the best! Last night I went and held my little runner Pickles. Hes feisty and did NOT want to be held. Although he is one of the smallest ducks, hes the boss....BIG TIME. He protects them and attacked me once when I came to grab Munchkin to treat her before he realized it was me, and just watches out for his ducks. And the really cool thing is....I almost lost him as a duckling. He wouldn't eat and he wouldn't drink and he just laid down getting trampled. I ended up going outside every 1-3 hours and putting food in his beak for him, and dipping his beak in the water dish. I was so exhausted, but I kept feeding him. He was dehydrated. Everyone told me to stop trying and let the little guy go. But I refused. And now!?!?! He's the head of the ducks! I can't imagine my flock of ducks without him.:love

Agreed!!! They really are the best! Last night I went and held my little runner Pickles. Hes feisty and did NOT want to be held. Although he is one of the smallest ducks, hes the boss....BIG TIME. He protects them and attacked me once when I came to grab Munchkin to treat her before he realized it was me, and just watches out for his ducks. And the really cool thing is....I almost lost him as a duckling. He wouldn't eat and he wouldn't drink and he just laid down getting trampled. I ended up going outside every 1-3 hours and putting food in his beak for him, and dipping his beak in the water dish. I was so exhausted, but I kept feeding him. He was dehydrated. Everyone told me to stop trying and let the little guy go. But I refused. And now!?!?! He's the head of the ducks! I can't imagine my flock of ducks without him.:love
They are really resilient animals. When you put extra time and effort in caring for them, they can make it through a lot. That is so great what you did for pickles when he was young.

Back
Top Bottom