Splash Cochin Roo over buff brahma hen and 2 silver laced cochins...

BreanneRN

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 8, 2017
Central CA
I have a pen with a Splash Cochin Roo and along with a blue, a black, and a splash hen, there are also 2 Silver Laced Cochin hens and a Buff Brahma hen (that one kind of goes where she wants and has decided she likes it there). Well the Splash Cochin is setting on what is about a dozen of all of the eggs in that pen, and am wondering what I will get from the Buff Brahma and the Silver Laced Cochins? I understand Blue/Black/Splash breeding, so don't need help with that, but I have searched and come up with some info about blue laced birds from Silver Laced breedings and am confused as to what they would look like exactly? Would they be silver with blue lacing or would they be blue with black lacing? And what else might be in there? And what would I get from the Buff Brahma hen (besides a weird comb)? Hope all you genetic gurus can help me out... Splash hen has been setting for about 10 days now, so I guess she is going to go the course... Had some predator problems so new chicks would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom