Splay leg or broken?

Sara S

Crossing the Road
May 13, 2020
FL
Hi everyone! I have one day old chicken and one is leaning off his leg and attempting to walk but cannot put pressure in the right. His leg sticks out to the side a bit, what could it be and thanks!
0E3C02CC-5D0B-4875-AD2E-7A4B327CF1C1.jpeg
97758BE2-DA68-4D4A-86CF-21BEEF35AFEF.jpeg

Attachments

• 82E0F68A-068A-48F5-B6F9-A7CA38E1BB11.jpeg
    82E0F68A-068A-48F5-B6F9-A7CA38E1BB11.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1
Have you tried giving some vitamins that contain riboflavin (B2?) Human super B complex has it as well as some chick vitamins. The chick might have a dislocated hip or a leg bone deformity, hard to know. Slipped tendons can also be common.

Have you tried giving some vitamins that contain riboflavin (B2?) Human super B complex has it as well as some chick vitamins. The chick might have a dislocated hip or a leg bone deformity, hard to know. Slipped tendons can also be common.
It was nit like this yesterday, but I will give him some thanks! Should I keep him off walking?

His leg is hot, especially near the hock, should I splint it and how😅 thanks so much

Hi everyone! I have one day old chicken and one is leaning off his leg and attempting to walk but cannot put pressure in the right. His leg sticks out to the side a bit, what could it be and thanks!View attachment 3033900View attachment 3033901
I had a chick like that but she got better in a day,she is still one day old so don’t rush,just don’t put her on a slick surface like cardboard and put her in a coop with good bedding,she won’t need a vet until she reaches her third day,if she didn’t get better then take her to the vet,chicks need time to balance,it will be a good idea to give her a vitamin supplement

I had a chick like that but she got better in a day,she is still one day old so don’t rush,just don’t put her on a slick surface like cardboard and put her in a coop with good bedding,she won’t need a vet until she reaches her third day,if she didn’t get better then take her to the vet,chicks need time to balance,it will be a good idea to give her a vitamin supplement
No she is 2, and it happened in her brooder. She was a good walker but she still does, I just don’t want her to need special care later on even though I don’t mind giving extra care, you know? I just want her to live to the fullest

No she is 2, and it happened in her brooder. She was a good walker but she still does, I just don’t want her to need special care later on even though I don’t mind giving extra care, you know? I just want her to live to the fullest
Then please try to take her to the vet,even experts can’t explain leg injuries in small cIckes,it could be because of humidity problems,or slick surfaces,or lack of vitamin.there are many reasons so please dont just sit back and relax,take her to the vet it’s your best chance to take her since her bones are still developing,sorry I couldn’t help you much

Back
Top Bottom